<body style="margin-top:40px;"><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/7240584?origin\x3dhttps://beaned.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Thursday, June 22

just my luck

The Malaysian Education Ministry is a screw up. Period.

If you're wondering whether I said that our of anger and rage? You're right. If you think what I said was in favour of the Education Ministry's incompetence? Bingo, big time. My application for my university intake was thrown back at my face like a brick wall.

I was offered the course of electronic engineering (computer engineering), the exact words were "KEJURUTERAAN ELEkTRONIK (KEJURUTERAAN COMPUTER)" despite the fact that I've made it really god damn clear that my applying subjects do not have the term "computer" in it. I couldn't even determine which friggin' course I was offered, whether it's electronic engineering or just computer engineering, hence the obvious in stupidity.
The Ministry should take the process of determining courses for applying students more seriously rather than folding their names into small bits of paper, and throwing them into a giant bowl for a lottery draw...!

"Alrite, now this fellow. Uh... Ah Sam ah, mopping the floor one? Ah, you. Come come, help me do lucky draw..."

(You get the point)

Anyway, I'll be appealing for the courses that I'd really want with the help of SUPP's Youth Education Unit. In the meantime, I'll be heading to Melaka to study while waiting for my appeal results. The only thing that's troubling me is the fact that I'm going there alone, no friends that I know of were being given the same university as mine, all by my own. ANyone? ANyonE?? who's being accepted by Kolej Universiti Teknikal Kebangsaan Malaysia (KUTKM) at Melaka ?

This is really sad.






Labels:

5 comments


___________________________________________________________________________________
Dezmond sprouts at 6/22/2006 01:45:00 AM | Permalink


5 Comments:

--------------------------------------------------

Ah Sam.. lolthat's funny.
I don't know what's happening, but totally agree with you about our 'proudest meticulous' Education Ministry.
They should have informed STPMers about being the 2nd option earlier. Now they're making us something like even my sis won't put in her wardrobe. Shame on them.
Really, some unconsidered people must’ve considered you are lucky.
Dun worry, you're and gonna be doing fine=) Good luck

By Blogger Nymmurae, at 3:39 AM  

--------------------------------------------------

Dez,
What you said is true.
MoE has a lot to do to be worthy of what they think they are.

Anyway, Malacca is a great town.
You'll love it.
I fell in love with Malacca as much as I did Kuching. My husband who's a Sarawakian loves Malacca too.

And.... as for your studies at KUTKM, you'll have the best times of your live..... you'll see.

Good luck.

By Blogger Leilanie, at 8:58 AM  

--------------------------------------------------

Ah sam arr.....i like

By Blogger NuruL Ash, at 12:54 AM  

--------------------------------------------------

yeah.. who knows u might like it there.. i know by the name of the university it might not sound.. "lovely".. but who knows

By Blogger TanPuiWen, at 11:17 PM  

--------------------------------------------------

I know how it feels. I was once a pure science stream student aspiring to get into a health science course. You can imagine my shock and dismay when I got Computer Science in KUTKM. (I didn't even apply for any course close to comp science!) But after some thought, I decided to give it a try. And even though it has been a struggle but I must say it has been an interesting journey. It taught me to make the best out of things.

And KUTKM is not too bad...yeah I know it's not popular...but it's a good place to learn esp. in the technical field. :)

I hope you will get the course that you want but while waiting, hope you enjoy a different perspective of uni life. :)

If there's any enquiries about the uni, life in Melaka etc., you can drop me a line at my blog. :)

Final Year KUTKM Student

By Blogger Lizzie, at 6:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Me


Name: Dezmond
Current location: Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia
About me: A perceptive, full-fledged Kuching-Sarawakian who sees life through insignificance. Survived, and blogs. Currently making his way into the working environment.
my profile...

Subscribe me

Get updates from my blog by email:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Previous Posts

Archives

Bloggers that I know


Bloggers

Being Politically Correct

Facebook me

Desmond Ngo | Create Your Badge

Link me

Rate Me

You can rate this blog at The PPS Directory


Technorati me

View blog authority
View blog top tags

My Flickr Album

www.flickr.com
dezmond's photos More of dezmond's photos

BlogLog


Join My Community at MyBloglog!

My Neopet

d3zmond got their Neopet at http://www.neopets.com


Those that make it happen













Powered by Blogger

web counter

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.