<body style="margin-top:40px;"><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/7240584?origin\x3dhttps://beaned.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Sunday, May 9

flipping the pages

23rd of April marks the final paper for my 4 years of degree (at least that's what we thought) and 24th is the day I could finally turn the pages of my life to a new chapter and looking forward to our Redang trip on the 27th.

In the meantime, after my finals Tinq with Derek and Heruey came over to Melaka for a trip and meet Derek for the first time,

Meet Tinq, best gal friend since pre-school

since primary, Steffi (counter-snapping me with her Iphone)

since primary, Her Ruey (on the left) and since last week, Derek

fortunately some of my housemates went back to their hometown for a few days before our Redang trip so there won't be any cuddling or spooning going on, thanks to Kam Wah for being so gracious enough for lending me his car and his room for them to bunk in for the night..

Picked them up at Melaka Sentral and then picked up Steffi from Manipal as well! our primary schoolmates and boy she hasn't changed much though.. brought them to my favourite place with the best melaka chicken rice balls ever! and best of all it's damn ridiculously cheap! Can u imagine 5 people eating a full sized chicken and inclusive of drinks all for just less than 30 bucks?

fav!

While bringing them around the town area, it was like a recollection of the places in Melaka that I've had the chance to visit during the course of my 4 years at UTeM, wish I could snap a shot of it and lock it in my memory..


I remembered during my 1st year on my first outing when I actually saw the fort and the red house (christ church) right in front of my own eyes, it was like a surreal experience of seeing it in the flesh right from the history books. After four years, now it seemed to me like any regular monuments or buildings, absence makes the heart grow fonder indeed.

A Famosa fort

Christ Church a.k.a Red House

just couldn't help myself

And of course the landmark of Melaka, Jonker Street. In mandarin it was called, "鸡场街". First when one of my seniors brought us on the outing, my terrible lack of the cantonese language back then translated it from mandarin as the infamous Petaling Street in KL(which till now I've never been to) and I had the idea that the the two places had the same name for almost one year! my bad..

Jonker Walk a.k.a Jonker Street

But what I think Melaka gave me the best treasure was the cake restaurant called Nadeje that specializes in mille crêpe and served the best heavenly layered crêpe cake ever! FYI, mille means "a thousand" in french and crêpe stands for "very very thin sliced layered pancake", which implies the many many layers of crêpe of the cake. Tinq was so in love with it that we went again the day after for the second time with Kam Wah. I met up with Derek again in Kuching and he still can't get his mind off the Nadeje cakes. A definite must try.

heavenly~

Me and Tinq at Nadeje - round two!

Tinq insisted that the bear must be in each photo. Girls.

Kindly ignore the bear.

Introducing one of my close buddies in Melaka who wished not to be named in this photo *cough cough*


But what I think Melaka gave me the best treasure was a restaurant called Nadeje that specializes in mille crêpe and served the best heavenly layered crêpe cake ever! FYI, mille means "a thousand" in french and crêpe stands for "very very thin sliced layered pancake", which implies the many many layers of crêpe of the cake. Tinq was so in love with it that we went again the day after for the second time with Kam Wah. I met up with Derek again in Kuching and he still can't get his mind off the Nadeje cakes. A definite must-try.

After the heavenly delight, Satay Celup is definitely not to be missed. I just realized that I've only had the chance to actually try out Satay Celup only after a year in Melaka. Tinq was pretty particular about the hygiene of Satay Celup and a little paranoid about the gravy being celup-ed. From what I heard, they (being the general public) said that the boiled gravy sauce were never exchanged between each round of customers. Coming to think of it, it did start to get into my head after my imagination begins to wander off when the previous customers and their salivas began to play in my head.. UGH~

Satay Celup~

Will be flying off back to Melaka tomorrow for a 2 months extension course, something to do with the accreditation issues and stuff. I'll get into more details about it during my next post hopefully.

I'll be blogging again soon after I reach Melaka, that is IF I have internet connection at the new place.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

3 comments


___________________________________________________________________________________
Dezmond sprouts at 5/09/2010 08:19:00 PM | Permalink


3 Comments:

--------------------------------------------------

hey, you and Ting looks like a loving couple. :)

By Blogger 小偉, at 8:41 PM  

--------------------------------------------------

...

By Blogger Dezmond, at 8:52 PM  

--------------------------------------------------

you look as cute as the bear

By Anonymous ken, at 3:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Me


Name: Dezmond
Current location: Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia
About me: A perceptive, full-fledged Kuching-Sarawakian who sees life through insignificance. Survived, and blogs. Currently making his way into the working environment.
my profile...

Subscribe me

Get updates from my blog by email:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Previous Posts

Archives

Bloggers that I know


Bloggers

Being Politically Correct

Facebook me

Desmond Ngo | Create Your Badge

Link me

Rate Me

You can rate this blog at The PPS Directory


Technorati me

View blog authority
View blog top tags

My Flickr Album

www.flickr.com
dezmond's photos More of dezmond's photos

BlogLog


Join My Community at MyBloglog!

My Neopet

d3zmond got their Neopet at http://www.neopets.com


Those that make it happen













Powered by Blogger

web counter

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.