<body style="margin-top:40px;"><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/7240584?origin\x3dhttp://beaned.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Monday, December 26

my bloody red christmas

first and foremost, I'm just really grateful that I'm alive now and able to type this entry. Judging by the damage of the car under scrutiny this morning, I could have died, or maybe should have. It's a miracle.

Like any other 19 year old teenagers, it was christmas night, and my friend had a barbecue at his place and invited all the friends. Since I was working on christmas day, I was 3 hours late when the actual barbecue started at 7pm but arrived at 10pm. We all had a load full of food and champagnes to celebrate christmas and the holidays. Ugh, the irony of it. Yea, you guys should've guessed it by now, I got into a car accident.

We all left around 1am in the morning and drove home, since hanging out with friends and driving out late at night was no longer possible owing to my long working hours, I took the liberty of using that chance for a little fun and went all initial "D". It was at this curve beside the new fly-over opposite timberland right in front of hong leong bank that almost got me killed. I could've sworn that I was going 50mph only and not exceeding 60mph while passing through the curve. I slowed down, hit the brakes and lost control of the car and rammed into a lamp post right next to the driver's seat at my right side and flipped the car sideways. I pushed the passenger side door above me and climbed my way up from above and leaped to safety. Left me with a few bruises and bleeding on my right arm as well as my feet and a sore pelvic area accompanied by chest pains whenever I laugh, sneeze or cough. I was conscious throughout the whole accident, god forbid.

When I got home, my aunts were a lil concerned and gave me a definite blow of nagging. She told me that for the Volkswagen, hitting the brakes must be in synch with the handbrakes when driving under the rain, now then I was told. What I'm really sorry for is the fact that I wrecked her Volkswagen which was her first car with 30 plus years of sentimental ties, nothing that I can do now can redeem myself from what I did but being sorry and realise the importance of safe-driving. Accidents are never a good thing, dead or alive.

I took some pictures of my aunt's volkswagen this morning with a cameraphone. Will be posting the pictures soon after all matters are cleared and settled. Gladly I've realised the importance of driving safely.

Well... I guess it's just too late for that.

p/s: Thanks Ken for lending me ur cameraphone and ur time!

2 comments


___________________________________________________________________________________
Dezmond sprouts at 12/26/2005 11:16:00 PM | Permalink


2 Comments:

--------------------------------------------------

wahlau! are you ok or not?

By Blogger j o e l, at 12:50 PM  

--------------------------------------------------

Hi Dez,
It's more fun being in school than work, isn't it?

Anyway, I'm glad that you're fit enough to blog after the accident. I'm not gonna nag you like all your other aunts........

Hope this experience will be a good lesson learnt.

Take care and have a great new year!!!!

By Blogger Leilanie, at 12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Me


Name: Dezmond
Current location: Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia
About me: A perceptive, full-fledged Kuching-Sarawakian who sees life through insignificance. Survived, and blogs. Currently making his way into the working environment.
my profile...

Subscribe me

Get updates from my blog by email:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Previous Posts

Archives

Bloggers that I know


Bloggers

Being Politically Correct

Facebook me

Desmond Ngo | Create Your Badge

Link me

Rate Me

You can rate this blog at The PPS Directory


Technorati me

View blog authority
View blog top tags

My Flickr Album

www.flickr.com
dezmond's photos More of dezmond's photos

BlogLog


Join My Community at MyBloglog!

My Neopet

d3zmond got their Neopet at http://www.neopets.com


Those that make it happen













Powered by Blogger

web counter

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.