<body style="margin-top:40px;"><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/7240584?origin\x3dhttps://beaned.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Sunday, July 10

the horror

watched The Amityville Horror with Clarissa this afternoon since I promised her as well as a form of "redemption" hehe.. the movie was so fucking scary, yea u heard me, FUCKING scary.. it terrifies me even more knowing that the incident actually happened in long island, new york where the DeFeo family actually died in that house.. go Google and type in "Amityville horror" in the query box and u'll get a series of sites associating to the actual murders and newspaper articles.. gosh.. I admit that I'm scared and frightened now that even sleeping is a problem for me since the room I'm spending the night is pitch black.. the only thing that's keeping me calm and serene is the songs I'm playing on my computer now, typing this post and chatting at the same time..

after the movie, we took the lift down to the ground floor.. damn malay ah beng wanna-bes, I saw people swarming into the building where I knew there was a gang fight.. more like a slash and bash kinda fight.. I was watching across the crowds when this fat malay with his "ah-beng/american-hip-hop" mixture of fashion running towards me chasing after this guy and pushed me aside on the way with his right arm and the other holding a pen knife with a facial expression of a mule with a broom sticked right up his fat ass.. for God's sake, fuckin get a life.. Call me nosy, I do not care, I called the police while walking to the car.. shockingly, the number "999" I called never got answered, but "991" did and I just told them the situation and hung up.. this isn't the first time, as in both the fights and the emergency calls.

I am deeply saddened and raged by the unanswered emergency calls made by the public to the local authorities to address their concerns and having their faces (in this case, their ears) slammed shut by ignorance.. what if there was a act of man-slaughter where a by-stander witnessed it and called 999 only be ignored and the killer is like 2 blocks away? what if a civilian suspects he or she being stalked only that she's dead after attempting to call for help? what if the caller was a victim of a rape and the rapist just ran away and the victim can't do anything about it? tried calling 999 now at this instance and expected, still no one answered.. I would've recorded the long "toot toot" of ignorance if I had my mic with me..

Labels: ,

0 comments


___________________________________________________________________________________
Dezmond sprouts at 7/10/2005 02:57:00 AM | Permalink


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Me


Name: Dezmond
Current location: Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia
About me: A perceptive, full-fledged Kuching-Sarawakian who sees life through insignificance. Survived, and blogs. Currently making his way into the working environment.
my profile...

Subscribe me

Get updates from my blog by email:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Previous Posts

Archives

Bloggers that I know


Bloggers

Being Politically Correct

Facebook me

Desmond Ngo | Create Your Badge

Link me

Rate Me

You can rate this blog at The PPS Directory


Technorati me

View blog authority
View blog top tags

My Flickr Album

www.flickr.com
dezmond's photos More of dezmond's photos

BlogLog


Join My Community at MyBloglog!

My Neopet

d3zmond got their Neopet at http://www.neopets.com


Those that make it happen













Powered by Blogger

web counter

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.