<body style="margin-top:40px;"><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/7240584?origin\x3dhttps://beaned.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Saturday, June 14

green heights mall's grand opening?

Went over to Green heights mall last night for Cold Storage's first grand opening with Ken, Siew and Alexis.


There were so many people swarming that place and getting through the crowd was ridiculous.


get what I mean? Maybe not, how about this?


Crazy chin...

Well, it was a breath of fresh air seeing Cold Storage with it's first opening in Kuching. Situated along the airport route to town at the BDC roundabout. Strategic? Probably, but not now anyways. However, across the road at the other side of the roundabout was a construction site in progress, rumored to be a hotel upon completion. How many star? dunno leh...

So anyway, I went inside Cold Storage thinking the stuff here must be cheap since I could see everyone buying goods and the check out counter was clearly traffic congested that even security guards were directing customers like traffic. I headed straight to the dairy goods and looked for of course Philadelphia Cream Cheese, and boy was I shocked. RM11.79! Siaw ah!


Please lah, the cheapest I've bought for Philadelphia Cream Cheese was only RM9.40 and it was just less than a week ago. Not just that, imported yogurts would cost you RM60+ for the same portion of yogurt you could get at any local supermarket for just RM1.80! siaw or not? Too bad I didn't snap a photo of the IMPORTED yogurt. If not I guarantee, you all really ki siaw.

After much shock, congestion and nearly at the brink of ki siaw on the first floor, we took the escalator to the second floor to see if there were anymore surprises in store for us.

Guess what?
Kang Kang!?!

Not even one store was opened, and that day was the grand opening?! I dunno leh...

I guess Green heights mall's target customers are for the privileged ones. BDC itself is a residential area known for it's inhabitance of privileged people. There's even a condominium beside the 2-storey mall.

So far this is the last mall I've rumored opening in Kuching other than The Spring and Boulevard, let's see what surprises I'd be getting the next time I fly back Kuching.

Flying off to Malacca in one week! *sobs*

Labels: , , ,

1 comments


___________________________________________________________________________________
Dezmond sprouts at 6/14/2008 10:12:00 PM | Permalink


1 Comments:

--------------------------------------------------

I was so sad when i thought that i would definitely miss the grand opening but after seeing the "view" from your cam, I wouldn't want to be squashed in a tin can with all those aunties and am mah around.. anyways, while you're heading back to Malacca, i can't wait to see my parents back in kuching again.. =) peace~

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:23 AM  

Post a Comment

Me


Name: Dezmond
Current location: Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia
About me: A perceptive, full-fledged Kuching-Sarawakian who sees life through insignificance. Survived, and blogs. Currently making his way into the working environment.
my profile...

Subscribe me

Get updates from my blog by email:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Previous Posts

Archives

Bloggers that I know


Bloggers

Being Politically Correct

Facebook me

Desmond Ngo | Create Your Badge

Link me

Rate Me

You can rate this blog at The PPS Directory


Technorati me

View blog authority
View blog top tags

My Flickr Album

www.flickr.com
dezmond's photos More of dezmond's photos

BlogLog


Join My Community at MyBloglog!

My Neopet

d3zmond got their Neopet at http://www.neopets.com


Those that make it happen













Powered by Blogger

web counter

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.