<body style="margin-top:40px;"><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/7240584?origin\x3dhttps://beaned.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Wednesday, October 1

winning The Star Thumbnails!

It all started with this photo below when we were on our way back from class. On the way we saw a pile of gas canisters scattering on the road side with the lorry carrying the Petronas gas canisters going overboard, I figured it lost control while making a 270 degrees turn going up the fly-over. I guess the heavy cargo load messed up with the physics giving mother nature and gravity it's fair chance to manifest it's wrath on the ridiculous fuel price hike.


I wanted to snap the shot but I was in a moving car, but Rheeno was on his bike and stopped on the road side snapping the photos, so I asked him to email me the photos to blog about it but then I submitted to The Star's Thumbnails instead just to give it a shot. After all, it's a chance for a RM50 giveaway.

Amazingly, it got published in The Star on the 5th of September issue! But I never saw it because our rented house didn't have a subscription for The Star.


It was when I got back from class after and got a email from The Star asking for my idenfication number, name and address while congratulating me. It didn't occur to me at first that it was from the photo I sent a few weeks ago, I just realized it after seeing the email domain. I responded and yesterday I got the cheque the mailbox in the rented house in Melaka, imagine how psyched I was. I called up Rheeno and told him the good news and agreed to split the prize money.



Of course owing most of the credits to Rheeno for taking photos of the accident with his w810i.

Now... any idea where's the nearest Standard Charted bank in Batu Berendam Melaka to cash out? haha...

Labels: , ,

6 comments


___________________________________________________________________________________
Dezmond sprouts at 10/01/2008 01:36:00 PM | Permalink


6 Comments:

--------------------------------------------------

Wow! COngrate. Perhaps I should snaps snaps too to earn a fw bucks. Ha =) Well, the nearest one I thing is in malacca raya.

By Blogger Tekkaus, at 12:32 AM  

--------------------------------------------------

Congrats! keep it up.

Anyway, i love your imageheader.

By Blogger Coffee Girl, at 5:09 PM  

--------------------------------------------------

cool man...there u go... hopes for blogging...keep it up !! congrats ya!!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:14 PM  

--------------------------------------------------

Wahhhh .. congrats !!!
That's the fun of blogging.. yeah!

By Blogger Dav DiDi, at 10:45 AM  

--------------------------------------------------

can treat me ha dez

By Blogger S i T i H a J a R, at 1:05 AM  

--------------------------------------------------

kacak pic ya.
cne amik ya?

By Blogger akusiktauk, at 12:08 AM  

Post a Comment

Me


Name: Dezmond
Current location: Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia
About me: A perceptive, full-fledged Kuching-Sarawakian who sees life through insignificance. Survived, and blogs. Currently making his way into the working environment.
my profile...

Subscribe me

Get updates from my blog by email:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Previous Posts

Archives

Bloggers that I know


Bloggers

Being Politically Correct

Facebook me

Desmond Ngo | Create Your Badge

Link me

Rate Me

You can rate this blog at The PPS Directory


Technorati me

View blog authority
View blog top tags

My Flickr Album

www.flickr.com
dezmond's photos More of dezmond's photos

BlogLog


Join My Community at MyBloglog!

My Neopet

d3zmond got their Neopet at http://www.neopets.com


Those that make it happen













Powered by Blogger

web counter

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.